We have a number of intermediate to senior level roles available for developers who want to work with high-profile clients, while also having the opportunity to contribute to our open source SilverStripe Framework and CMS.
If you are looking for on-going learning and development, a flexible working environment and the opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented developers in the country, apply to become a SilverStriper today!
We look for well-rounded people who:
- Are technically skilled and interested in technology as a creative pursuit, rather than just a job
- Take ownership of your role and are ready to get stuck in
- Thrive in a team-driven, fast-paced work environment — your team can rely on you to pitch in and help them get over the line every time.
Helpful skills and experience:
- You care about quality — embracing code reviews, testing and refactoring
- You are flexible have the confidence to learn quickly and apply new ideas
- You give and respond well to constructive criticism and you’re okay with other people working on "your" code
- You want to continue learning and growing as a developer, and in return be willing to share your knowledge with others.
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and purposeful manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. Mostly, you will be working alongside super talented people across all fields. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
We're servant /leaders
We’re also active in the New Zealand tech scene. We’re committed to growing the next generation of developers and we volunteer regularly at code schools with organisations like Catalyst, Gather and Summer of Tech. Giving back feels amazing.
We have an awesome culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to SilverStripe and keeps them here.