Product Sales Specialist
SilverStripe is looking for a Product Sales Specialist to join our high-performing Wellington-based sales team
What you will be doing
As a Product Sales Specialist you will be working closely with our sales and product owners to focus on selling SilverStripe’s Common Web Platform (CWP) within New Zealand’s Public Sector. This is an intermediate business development role which supports our drive to grow market share and revenue through direct and channel sales.
You will be creating & managing sales opportunities, while proposing solutions to meet or exceed client expectations and requirements. Some technical knowledge is required as you will develop a strong understanding of SilverStripe’s products and services, as well as strong knowledge of Cloud computing, digital systems and software development.
Day-to-day you will be working alongside our Channel Relationship Manager to plan and execute sales campaigns, presentations and pitches. You will attend industry events and conferences, giving comprehensive feedback on market trends and using this information to provide input into future sales and marketing campaigns. You will be required to accurately manage your component of the the company’s sales forecast.
Who we are looking for
We look for well-rounded people who:
- Have proven success in a complex and/or enterprise sales environment, with a focus on new customer acquisition.
- Have proven experience in the IT/Digital sector
- Are self-directed — you take ownership and have an “I’ve got this” attitude
- Thrive in a team-driven, fast-paced work environment — your team can rely on you to pitch in and help them get over the line every time.
- Are digitally savvy and passionate about enabling new customers to achieve their goals in the transforming digital world.
Here are the specifics of what we’re looking for in a Product Sales Specialist:
- Knowledge of modern solution selling processes
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Strong organisational, task management and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management, self management and teamwork skills
- Experience in business writing
- The ability to work under pressure and tackle changing timeframes
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills, to plan and execute multiple sales opportunities at the same time
- Flexibility to take on a wide-range of sales engagements
- The ability to quickly pick-up and understand technical and product information
- The ability to establish rapport and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
If you'd love to be part of a great team and this role sounds like you, please apply below.
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we have an awesome mentoring programme; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. Mostly, you will be working alongside super smart designers, developers and scrum masters. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
We have an awesome culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to SilverStripe and keeps them here.