Head of Marketing and Sales
SilverStripe is looking for an experienced and driven Head of Marketing and Sales to help boost our business into the Stratosphere!
What you will be doing
SilverStripe's Head of Marketing and Sales has a strategic focus, and you will be heavily involved in the creation of annual Marketing and Sales plans, projections and quarterly activities. In addition, you will be a critical member of SilverStripe's Senior Leadership team, with the expectation that you will form strong, cohesive relationships with other team members in order to effectively and consistently contribute to overall company strategy and goals.
As the new Head of Marketing and Sales, you will be responsible for coaching, managing and inspiring our newly combined Marketing & Sales team, to ensure they remain high performing and cohesive. This is a recent change, and requires a strong leader who isn't afraid to "muck-in" and share their wisdom and experiences. You will champion the SilverStripe brand both internally and externally, ensuring our products are considered highly in the digital market.
To lead our Marketing and Sales team, you will be responsible for fostering a collaborative and competitive environment in which the team members support each other, but are driven to succeed as individuals. You will lead the creation of remuneration packages for sales-focussed reports (including base, commission, targets and KPIs) in collaboration with the CEO and Head of People and Culture. A major focus will be on mentoring and coaching your team members, both individually and as a group by providing feedback, having regular meetings and tagging along to client meetings to identify areas for improvement and further mentoring opportunities. In addition, the Head of Marketing and Sales will work closely with SilverStripe Product and Professional Services teams, while also building strong relationships with our partners and clients.
The Head of Marketing and Sales is a pivotal role in the company, and we will be looking to you to raise the bar. You will be a natural leader and a hunter, who is determined to push SilverStripe to the next level by helping us to become a "market-oriented" company.
What we are looking for
Our ideal Head of Marketing and Sales:
- Has knowledge of Salesforce CRM, including reports and dashboards
- Has knowledge of marketing automation tools (e.g. Pardot) and campaign management
- Is an expert in both Marketing strategy and Sales strategy, and operations in a range of different markets, industries and situations
- Has a sound understanding of digital marketing principles and brand positioning
- Has experience cold calling, prospecting and coaching
- Is an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Is more of a coach than a manager
- Has proven planning, research and analytical skills
- Has the ability to successfully work across SilverStripe divisions to achieve the best results
- Is an expert at closing complex deals and leveraging new opportunities
- Can quickly learn about complex products and services.
Check out this video for details from our CEO Sam: https://vimeo.com/341263667
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a sales, marketing and management role
- Practical digital marketing experience
- Proven experience in selling services with complex delivery limitations (e.g. large custom projects) into large multinational organisations
- Experience as a leader in the digital space
- A career with equal emphasis on marketing and sales strategy and operations is desirable.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website or this link: https://silverstripe.workable.com/
Applications received through any other channel will not be accepted.
Applications close at 10am, Tuesday 18th June 2019.
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning - we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we hold our own monthly Hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events like "Show & Tell" and "Lunch & Learn". We've got something on each week! Mostly, you'll be working alongside super smart designers, developers and scrum masters who'll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
We have an awesome culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping each other reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart - it's a key reason that brings people to SilverStripe and keeps them here.
At SilverStripe we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective are proven to deliver better solutions.