Senior Product Developer
Are you a dedicated and passionate senior-level web developer looking for the next step in your career? At SilverStripe we pride ourselves on our collaborative and supportive environment, while ensuring our people are given the chance to continuously learn and develop.
We are on the lookout for an experienced developer who is technically skilled, keen to get involved in a fantastic culture and genuinely interested in technology as a creative pursuit rather than ‘just a job.’
At SilverStripe, our mission is to help everyone have valued interactions with the organisations that shape modern life. As a senior developer at SilverStripe, you will be getting hands-on with the SilverStripe CMS and Common Web Platform (CWP) to ensure they continue to be exciting and effective in the developer community. You’ll be encouraged to share your knowledge by mentoring some of our less-seasoned developers, as well as contributing to our Community of Practice which will give you the opportunity to show off some of work you’re super proud of.
Experience developing with SilverStripe is desirable, but not a deal-breaker.
We want people who:
- Are self-directed - you take ownership of your role and have an “I’ve got this” attitude
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment - your team can rely on you to pitch in and help them get over the line every time
- Have exceptional communication skills and a willingness to work with the open source community
- Are quality focused - you embrace code reviews, testing and refactoring
- Are flexible and have the confidence to learn quickly and apply new ideas
- Can give and respond well to constructive criticism, as well as being ok with other people working on “your” code
- Have a passion for continuous learning and growth as a developer.
Here are the specifics of what we’re after in a Senior Product Developer:
- 5+ years of experience as a developer, with a solid understanding of Object Oriented PHP and/or MVC frameworks
- Experience designing and implementing software architecture
- Expert knowledge of a framework such as Laravel, Symfony or SilverStripe.
- Knowledge of front-end web technologies such as HTML, CSS and tooling such as Gulp and Webpack
- Experience mentoring other developers is highly desirable.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website or this link: https://silverstripe.workable.com/
Applications received through any other channel will not be accepted.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 23rd August 2019.
Provide a family friendly environment
SilverStripe is a grown-up company, so we strive to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We have a number of SilverStripers on-staff who have young families and we are passionate about making life as easy as we can for them.
Provide plenty of opportunities for professional development
There are plenty of opportunities for learning at SilverStripe, from formal training, through to our own informal Community of Practice. Our people love to share their knowledge and we encourage it! We've got something on every week that’ll appeal to a whole range of staff, both technical and non-technical. Mostly however, you’ll be working alongside super talented people across all fields. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you continue to grow your skills.
Show you a great workplace culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to SilverStripe and keeps them here.
At SilverStripe we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective are proven to deliver better solutions.