What you will be doing
These are intermediate to senior level roles. You'll be working with a high performing scrum team based in Wellington. You could be working on on leading edge projects for clients like Meridian Energy, Skinny Mobile and Westpac; or you could be helping make the SilverStripe framework and CMS awesome for our open source community.
Who we are looking for
We look for well-rounded people who:
- Are technically skillful and genuinely interested in technology as a creative pursuit and not just a job
- Are self-directed — you take ownership of your role and you have an “I’ve got this” attitude
- Thrive in a team-driven, fast-paced work environment — your team can rely on you to pitch in and help them get over the line every time
Here are the specifics of what we're after:
- You care about quality — you embrace things like code reviews, testing and refactoring
- You are flexible and you have the confidence to quickly learn and apply new ideas
- You give and respond well to constructive criticism and you’re okay with other people working on "your" code
- You want to continue learning and growing as a developer
- Experience with the SilverStripe framework and CMS is a plus
- Experience with front end web technologies
- Working knowledge of a framework like Laravel, Symfony or CodeIgniter would be an advantage
- 2-4 years working in a team
How to apply
We put a lot of thought and effort into hiring at SilverStripe and we've come up with a process that works well. If your application looks promising, we'll invite you for a casual coffee. If that goes well, we invite you to formal interviews. We’ll take you through a technical interview first. You’ll then get a chance to meet your future team mates and managers to assess whether or not we share the same values. By the end of this process, we’ll both know if we want to work together.
If you think you would make a great SilverStriper, please apply below.
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we have an awesome mentoring programme; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. Mostly, you will be working alongside super smart designers, developers and scrum masters. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
We're servant /leaders
We’re also active in the New Zealand tech scene. We’re committed to growing the next generation of developers and we volunteer regularly at code schools with organisations like Catalyst, Gather and Summer of Tech. Giving back feels amazing.
Our culture kicks ass
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture kicks ass.