Senior Agile Project Manager
Are you interested in changing the way the world thinks about project management? Are you someone who leads by supporting people to do their best work to ensure success, rather than telling people what to do when? Do you enjoy working with a group of experts who you can trust to deliver what they commit to? Do you want to help shape a newly formed team of developers and testers to become a trusting, loyal, multi-talented ‘family’?
SilverStripe is looking for a full-time Senior Agile Project Manager to help create an additional team of talented people to join our existing bespoke delivery teams based in Wellington.
The focus of this position is on delivering value over ticking boxes, leading the team over managing tasks, and adapting to change over conforming to plans.
What you will be doing:
- Forming a new team and helping them to become a highly functioning group of talented people doing their best work for our clients
- Managing some very exciting new projects that are on the board for SilverStripe
- Facilitating the Scrum process with the team and stakeholders as the Scrum Master while proactively removing impediments to progress
- Leading complex initiatives across multiple functions and teams by planning, directing, and coordinating to the project objectives with consideration for risk
- Working with management and other Agile Project Managers to continually identify and implement organisation-wide process improvements
We want someone who:
- Has at least five years project management experience, with at least 3 years being in the web industry
- Has successfully owned and delivered multiple projects simultaneously
- Has had some exposure to Agile methodologies (ideally Scrum)
- Has successfully led diverse project teams
- Has a strong focus at all times on clients’ business needs, user goals, and overall quality
- Can always retain a view of the big picture while paying attention to detail
- Can confidently make difficult decisions
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written and can communicate effectively with clients, developers, designers, sales people, and business owners alike
- Can work full-time out of our office in Wellington CBD
If you are either an experienced Scrum Master or a Project Manager looking to try something new, and you have worked in the web domain for several years, this could be your opportunity to work with our talented team here in Wellington, in one of New Zealand’s leading open-source companies.
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we have an awesome mentoring programme; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. Mostly, you will be working alongside super smart designers, developers and scrum masters. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
We're servant /leaders
We’re also active in the New Zealand tech scene. We’re committed to growing the next generation of developers and we volunteer regularly at code schools with organisations like Catalyst, Gather and Summer of Tech. Giving back feels amazing.
Our culture kicks ass
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture kicks ass.