SilverStripe is looking for a full-time Support Developer to join our Operations team based in Wellington.
We look for all-rounders who:
- Are technically skillful and genuinely interested in technology as a creative pursuit and not just as a job
- Are self-directed — who take ownership of their role and put their hand in the air a lot
- Thrive in a team-driven, fast-paced (and occasionally noisy) work environment — who our team can rely on to pitch in and help us get over the line every time
Here’s the measure of a SilverStripe Support Developer:
- You have at least 3+ years PHP development experience in a commercial environment
- Your communication skills are eloquent, comprehensible and accurate.
- You can embrace a collaborative, team-oriented Agile environment.
- You can maintain a positive attitude while working under pressure.
- You are able to work full-time in our Wellington office, located on Courtenay Place.
- Experience with the SilverStripe framework and CMS is a major plus.
- Experience in Operations or AWS would be a super big bonus.
A detailed Job Description is available if you want to go deeper.
Like brewing the perfect espresso, we have hiring at SilverStripe down to a fine art. If your application looks promising, we invite you for a casual coffee and a chat. If we feel sufficiently wooed, we invite you through to a more formal interview process. We’ll take you through a technical interview first. You then get a chance to meet your future team-mates and manager(s) to see that you fit; in personality, values and skill set. At the end of this process, it’ll be obvious to both parties whether we would work well together.
If you think you have what it takes to be a great SilverStriper, please apply below!
We're family, friendly, and family-friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we have an awesome mentoring programme; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events like “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. You'll have a well-defined career path to get where you want go — and an enthusiastic company backing you all the way. Mostly, you will be working alongside super-smart designers, developers and scrum masters. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
It's quite frankly hard to avoid us in the New Zealand tech scene. We’re committed to growing the next generation of developers and we volunteer regularly at code schools with organisations like Catalyst, Gather and Summer of Tech. Giving back and keeping in touch with the grassroots of tech feels amazing.
Our culture kicks ass
What really sets SilverStripe apart is our culture. We are big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. SilverStripe has legs. We use them to walk the talk and kick ass. Come help us take over the world.