SilverStripe is growing. We have big ambitions for world domination and we’re looking for excellent people to help us get there. We’re currently on the look out a talented Front-End Developer to join our team in Auckland.
What you will be doing
You'll be working with a high performing scrum team on leading edge projects. You'll also have the chance to contribute to SilverStripe’s framework and CMS.
Who we are looking for
We hire the best. We look for well-rounded people who:
- Are technically skillful and genuinely interested in technology as a creative pursuit and not just a job
- Are self-directed — you take ownership of your role and you have a “I’ve got this” attitude
- Thrive in a team-driven, fast-paced work environment — your team can rely on you to do your best work together to get over the line every time
Here are the specifics of what we're after in a Front-End Developer:
- You have extensive experience with HTML and CSS
- You know your way around design tools such as Adobe CS, Sketch and Invision
- You care about quality — you embrace things like code reviews, testing and refactoring
- You give and respond well to constructive criticism and you’re okay with other people working on "your" code
- You have the ability to discuss technical implementation details with the client and the team
- You are flexible and you have the confidence to quickly learn and apply new ideas
- You want to continue learning and growing as a developer
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience with Version Control Systems, especially Git (and GitHub)
- Familiarity with PHP and the SilverStripe framework is a plus
How to apply
If you think you would make a great SilverStriper, please apply below. We’d like to see your online portfolio or links for the websites you’ve built, so be sure to include that in your application.
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we have an awesome mentoring programme; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. Mostly, you will be working alongside super smart designers, developers and scrum masters. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
We're servant /leaders
We’re also active in the New Zealand tech scene. We’re committed to growing the next generation of developers and we volunteer regularly at code schools with organisations like Catalyst, Gather and Summer of Tech. Giving back feels amazing.
Our culture kicks ass
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture kicks ass.