Chief Financial Officer
SilverStripe is looking for a full-time Chief Financial Officer to join our awesome team based in Wellington.
What you will be doing
This is a strategic role and will form a key member of our executive team.
As a core responsibility you’ll be leading our finance team to ensure that we run a tight financial ship. Beyond that, you will be responsible for instilling operational excellence, ensuring that we can make data-driven decisions across the company. As a member of the executive team, you will help to define our strategic goals and ensure we meet them.
Who we are looking for
We look for well-rounded people who:
- Are enthusiastic about personal improvement, self-directed learning, and trying new things.
- Thrive in a team-driven, fast-paced work environment.
- Can take the 360° view, balancing financial goals alongside our core values and being an employer of choice.
Here are the specifics of what we're after in a CFO:
- Chartered Accountant with strong financial leadership qualities.
- Proven ability to work with colleagues at Executive Management level and able to contribute to effective operation of SilverStripe as a whole, not only in the finance portfolio.
- Great problem solving and analytical skills, and is comfortable constructing numerical views of a business beyond solely financial matters.
- Previous experience in a CFO or financial advisory role.
- Sound staff management skills.
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we have an awesome mentoring programme; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. You will be working with a variety of talented and committed people in a range of areas. They will share their love of their craft with you, and help you both grow your own skills and develop new ones.
We have an awesome culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to SilverStripe and keeps them here.