Senior PHP Developer
At SilverStripe, we think PHP is cool. Actually, we know it is.
Are you an experienced senior PHP developer who is technically skillful and genuinely interested in technology as a creative pursuit and not ‘just a job?’ If you want to spend your days in a fun and supportive workplace with a solid focus on professional development, SilverStripe is the place for you!
As a SilverStripe developer, you will spend your days contributing and collaborating on leading-edge websites, as well as having the chance to contribute to our open source SilverStripe Framework and CMS. You will have experience working with colleagues/clients using Agile methodologies and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
We look for well-rounded people who:
- Are self-directed - you take ownership of your role and you have a “i’ve got this” attitude
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment - your team can rely on you to pitch in and help them get over the line every time
- Have exceptional communication skills and a willingness to work with clients
- Are quality focussed - you embrace code reviews, testing and refactoring
- Are flexible and have the confidence to learn quickly and apply new ideas
- Can give and respond well to constructive criticism, as well as being ok with other people working on “your” code
- Have a passion for continuous learning and growth as a developer
Here are the specifics of what we’re after in a developer:
- 6+ years of PHP development experience, including expertise with Object Oriented PHP and design patterns such as MVC
- Experience in design and implementation of software architectures
- Expert knowledge of framework such as Laravel and Symfony. Experience with the SilverStripe framework and CMS is a bonus.
- Working experience with front-end web technologies such as HTML, CSS and tooling such as Gulp and Webpack
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't run you ragged by expecting you to work 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and focused manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we have an awesome mentoring programme; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we support knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. Mostly, you will be working alongside super smart designers, developers and scrum masters. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
We have an awesome culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively champion a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to SilverStripe and keeps them here.