As the Sales Director this is a wonderful opportunity to drive the growth of a New Zealand technology success story. Founded in 2000 by three people passionate about the limitless possibilities of the web, SilverStripe has grown into an international business of 70+ and a go-to-technology platform of choice in NZ. As a values first organisation SilverStripe has intertwined itself into the technology community by open-sourcing its platform.
The Sales Director will own and drive the growth of SilverStripe in the Australian Market. Closely supported by the CEO and Head of Sales you will work with the executive team on the formulation of a growth strategy for Australia. Day to day you will be hands on managing and driving the Sales process from the softer side of cultivating new and existing relationships to responding to tenders, RFP’s etc.
We are seeking someone who is:
- Well networked within 1 of either Local or State Australian Government, Medium Enterprise or Digital Agencies.
- Experienced working for a technology provider (Software or Services) where they have been driving the sales process of technology or services into marketing, corporate comms, digital or technology stakeholder groups.
- Highly commercial and brings the experience, tenacity and smarts required to own the national sales target and deliver on the results required.
- Knowledgeable in Government procurement, policies, contract, panels, and practices.
- Highly fluent in the digital space (trends, emerging technologies, customer pain points).
- Technically aware of core technology concepts and can clearly articulate the value of SilverStripe’s solution.
- Tertiary Educated (background in B.Computer Science / B.Information Technology is ideal but not essential)
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. Mostly, you will be working alongside super talented people across all fields. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
We have an awesome culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to SilverStripe and keeps them here.