Intermediate Product Developer
Are you a passionate web developer who dreams of working on an open source product?
At SilverStripe we are looking for an intermediate-level Product Developer to join our public sector product team. This team works closely with users (developers and content authors) to ensure that our product is continually evolving and meeting web best practices. The successful candidate will be responsible for commercial support and maintenance of CWP modules, as well as working towards extending the CWP ecosystem.
You will work closely with users to create and deliver enhancements, while using the best coding practice, solid documentation for up-skilling and collaboration to solve problems with meaningful solutions. As a whole, the team contributes to open source for our wider community to benefit from, so ideally you will be a frequent, dedicated contributor to the open source community.
You will be part of a close-knit team of developers that encourage camaraderie, honesty, and active engagement in all team activities, including regular foosball tournaments and indulging in Wellington’s great cafe culture. The team prides itself on supporting each other to improve and learn.
We are interested in well-rounded people who:
- Are technically skillful and genuinely passionate about technology as a creative pursuit rather than ‘just a job’
- Are self-directed - you take ownership of your role and have a “I’ve got this” attitude
- Thrive in a collaborative, dynamic work environment - your team can rely on you to pitch in and help them get over the line every time
- Experience developing with SilverStripe framework and CMS is desirable
- A sound understanding of distributed version control and source code management (especially using Github)
- Familiarity with continuous integration, in particular, with Travis CI
- A strong grasp of agile practices. Prior experience with Scrum and Zenhub is an advantage
- An understanding of the NZ public sector is a bonus
- The ability to mentor other developers to improve their skills and technical capabilities.
If you are willing to share your skills with us, here’s what we can do for you..
Provide a family friendly environment
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
Provide plenty of opportunities for professional development
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. Mostly, you will be working alongside super talented people across all fields. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
Give you more than just a job
We’re also active in the New Zealand tech scene. We’re committed to growing the next generation of developers and we volunteer regularly at code schools with organisations like Catalyst, Gather and Summer of Tech. Giving back feels amazing.
Show you a great workplace culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to SilverStripe and keeps them here.