Intermediate Support Developer
Here at SilverStripe we are committed to going the extra mile for our clients, including making sure we stick around after every project has been completed. We know that a good support team are the unsung heroes of the IT industry, and now we are looking to add to our fantastic, tight-knit group of support developers. You will become part of a brand new Auckland-based Operations team, supporting a large new client and making your own mark on our team culture.
We look for support developers who are able to create and maintain strong relationships with our clients, as well as working closely with our greater Operations team at SilverStripe. You will be a high-level communicator and confident that all development work undertaken is completed to a high standard.
You will communicate frequently with our Service Delivery Manager and Service Director to ensure the workload is evenly spread across team members, while working closely with the team to identify and resolve any issues. SilverStripe is a collaborative, team oriented Agile environment, so you will be comfortable receiving and providing constructive feedback status updates to both the team and your clients.
We are interested in well-rounded people who:
- Are technically skillful and genuinely passionate about technology as a creative pursuit rather than ‘just a job’
- Are self-directed - you take ownership of your role and have a “I’ve got this” attitude
- Thrive in a collaborative, dynamic work environment - your team can rely on you to pitch in and help them get over the line every time
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented PHP
- Experience using the SilverStripe CMS, framework and platform is an advantage
- Experience developing with PHP Frameworks
- Experience with Unix tools for development - Git, IDEs and basic LAMP stack administration
- A general knowledge of development methodologies, and an understanding of how Scrum is applied to various projects
- Excellent time management and teamwork skills
- A passion for problem solving and taking on challenges
- Outstanding communication skills
- A customer service focus
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- The flexibility and confidence to quickly learn and apply new ideas
If you are willing to share your skills with us, here’s what we can do for you..
Provide a family friendly environment
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
Provide plenty of opportunities for professional development
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. Mostly, you will be working alongside super talented people across all fields. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
Give you more than just a job
We’re also active in the New Zealand tech scene. We’re committed to growing the next generation of developers and we volunteer regularly at code schools with organisations like Catalyst, Gather and Summer of Tech. Giving back feels amazing.
Show you a great workplace culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to SilverStripe and keeps them here.