SilverStripe is looking for a full-time Marketing Manager to join our awesome team based in Wellington.
SilverStripe is an open source software company. We build websites and platforms for some of NZ’s largest brands and our software is used by developers around the world. We are looking for a talented marketing leader to help us in our next stage of growth.
What you will be doing
This is a strategic marketing role within our senior executive team. You will lead our marketing team and be working closely with our sales, product and design teams to implement integrated marketing plans and acquire new customers both internationally and within New Zealand.
You will be a skilled communicator with the ability to maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, while providing management and mentoring opportunities to members of our marketing team. You can confidently communicate compelling stories to a wide range of users and customer groups.
You will enjoy working in fast-paced environments, be passionate about technology and be excited to help SilverStripe grow internationally.
Who we are looking for
We look for well-rounded people who:
- Love mixing data and creativity to get the best results
- Enjoy balancing long term strategy with tactical decisions
- Thrive in a team-driven, fast-paced work environment — your team can rely on you to pitch in and help them get over the line every time
Here are the specifics of what we’re looking for in a Marketing Manager:
- 5+ years working in a senior marketing role with direct reports
- Experience creating strategic marketing plans
- Experience running integrated email, social and digital marketing campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great time management, self management and teamwork skills
- Ability to manage the implementation, tracking and measurement of campaigns
- Collection and use of data to evaluate campaigns and plan for new ones
- Deliver reports of campaign results, including evaluation of KPIs, ongoing measurement of ROI of campaigns etc
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise numerous pieces of work
- Have the flexibility and confidence to quickly learn and apply new ideas
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Be comfortable experimenting with new techniques, and not afraid to fail in order to learn from your mistakes
- Of benefit also is software experience: Pardot or similar marketing automation tools, email campaign management such as Mailchimp and Google Analytics
If you'd love to be part of a great team and this role sounds like you, please apply below.
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. We don't have ninjas and rock stars working 80-hour weeks. We do enjoy working with smart people in an efficient and disciplined manner. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning — we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we have an awesome mentoring programme; we hold our own monthly hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events likes “Show & Tells”, "Lunch & Learns" and “Guild Meetings”. We've got something on every week. Mostly, you will be working alongside super smart designers, developers and scrum masters. They’ll share their love of the craft with you and help you grow your skills.
We have an awesome culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping others reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to SilverStripe and keeps them here.